Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The silence and the errors

Althoug sometimes exceedinly opressive, Northamptons silence proposes situations very much in accordance to its introspective nature.

Some weeks ago I had the situation of a much expected dream come true: visiting the Charles Rennie Mackintosh's century changing project: 78 Derngate. And what a mystical/aesthetic experience it was.

From 2007 to 2008 I conducted a vast research on him back in Brazil oriented by my close-to-the-heart teacher Patricia Fonseca.

Very far from the distance I should have had as a researcher at the time, I fell in love with the gloomy stories and works of this gentle and fascinating man. He already gave me so much. But visiting the Derngate, he continued generously giving so much beauty and excitment! As a close friend I can say:

Thank you, Toshie.

No comments:

Post a Comment